- I can book a flight by phone
- I can check in at an airport
- I can deal with customs at an airport
- I can buy a train ticket
- I can rent a car
- I can book a hotel by telephone
- I can handle hotel reception conversations
- I can ask for maps and tips on what to see
- I can ask for walking directions
- I can ask for driving directions
- I can ask for underground/subway directions
- I can get a haircut
- I can do travel banking
- I can shop in a clothes shop
- I can ask for a discount
- I can bargain (in a souvenir shop)
- I can haggle (bargain really hard)
Food and restaurants
- I can order in a fast food restaurant
- I can order in a generic hamburger restaurant
- I can order in KFC
- I can order in McDonalds
- I can order in Subway
- I can order in an American Diner
- I can order in a British Pub
- I can order in Starbucks
- I can order in....
- I can deal with getting sick and hurt
- I can call an ambulance
- I can explain a stomach problem to a doctor
- I can explain a tooth problem to a dentist
- I can talk about insurance at a hospital
- I can talk to the police
- I can report being robbed
General Business English
- I can quickly introduce myself in English.
- I can answer common job interview questions
- Why did you decide to apply to Sony?
- Why do you want to be a High-school teacher?
- What skills can you bring to the job?
- Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
- Do you have any questions about the company?
- What are your weak points?
- Tell me about a time you overcame a difficulty.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- I can deal with having to find and summarize English information for work.
- I can handle personal telephone calls
- I can handle business telephone calls
Specific Business English
- I can help English speaking customers at a travel agency.
- I can help English speaking customers at an Izakaya.
- I can help English speaking customers at a hotel.
- I can help English speaking tourists as a tour guide.
- I can help English speaking customers at Disney
Long term living abroad
- I can do a homestay
- I can call my host family and ask to be picked up
- I can tell my host family what I would like to eat
- I can ask my host family for permission to do something
- Volunteering abroad
- Living abroad
- I can buy a car
- I can find an apartment
- I can give my opinion, agree and disagree (e.g. about plans for what to do today)
- I can ask for and give advice.
- I can make a suggestion
- I can ask about prices
- I can make arrangements and explain them to others
- I can invite people to do something or go somewhere
- I can say "no" to an invite and give an excuse
- I can make a request
- I can apologise
- I can complain
- I can tell an anecdote
- I can tell a joke